IST Techops Manager
Would you like the opportunity to work with the leading provider of broadcast and digital ad management systems in the world?
SintecMedia, a leading provider of business solutions for major Media companies is currently looking for a highly talented and motivated IST (India standard time) TechOps Manager for their office in Bangalore, India, to maintain, support and manage all technical operation activities and teams located in the SintecMedia Bangalore office.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the ongoing operations of the local Bangalore (IST) TechOps and Architect teams.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for TechOps information processing and technical day to day operations.
- Meet with other managers to discuss technical environments requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Hire and manage TechOps personnel and contractors to design, develop and implement the company’s growing local technical operations teams.
- Working to prepare local budgets and control expenditures.
- Act as management escalation point in case of TechOps issues, manage the events, communicate with other business units and provide support until problem resolution.
- Communicate with internal and customer-facing teams, providing status updates for open issues, root cause analysis and problem remediation.
- Insure that TechOps teams apply company’s information security best practices and respond to security events.
- Provide operational reports regarding TechOps teams’ performance and support SLA.
- Ensuring teams are creating and maintaining solution documentation.
Skills and Experience
- Must have over 10 years of proven technical & management experience
- Strong technical knowledge and background, managing complex IT systems, Cloud environments and TechOps or DevOps teams
- Strong technical AWS Skills including EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, Aurora, Lambda, AWS API, and other AWS services
- Experience and Understanding of AWS billing concepts
- Strong technical Unix/Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Must have proven project management skills with projects of varying complexity and size
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to independently interact with all levels of management
- Program thinker – ability to manage multiple interdependent efforts towards a common goal
- Strong understanding of Information Security concepts
- Knowledge of IT products and techniques, network infrastructure, applications, and equipment pertinent to a large, distributed, heterogeneous computing environment
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative, and coordinate across organizational boundaries to identify security and technology needs and implement solutions that fulfill them
- Must be available outside of normal business hours to assist in an emergency, recovery or in the event of a failure or outage, etc. of critical SintecMedia systems
- Readiness for frequent or prolonged travel abroad
Must demonstrate the following skills:
- Management and supervisory skills
- Team building skills
- Project Management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Fluent in working with Office suites
Advantage if you have
- AWS certification
- Familiarity with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or other Configuration management tools
- Familiarity with any monitoring tools including Zabbix, New Relic, and Cloudwatch
- Ability to run scripts and queries in a DB environment (Oracle, SQL Server MySQL)
- Programming experience
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Reporting to: CIO
- Position Type: Full-time
- Salary Level: Competitive
Do you meet our requirements? If so, we welcome your application. Please send your resume and a cover letter by clicking Apply For This Position, adding the job title in the subject line