Senior ProdOps Engineer
Would you like the opportunity to work with the leading provider of broadcast and digital ad management systems in the world?
SintecMedia, a leading provider of business solutions for major Media companies is currently looking for a Senior ProdOps Engineer with deep Linux architecture & scripting experience, as well as architecting, configuring, deploying and managing multi-tiered server environments to ensure that the Company’s technology infrastructure is properly maintained and fully functional on a day-to-day basis through medium and long term project conception, planning and execution, as well as day to day operational tasks.
- Apply the latest industry advancements in conjunction with the Architecture, Development and QA teams to improve the infrastructure reliability, scalability, performance, ease of setup and deployment, and cost optimization in public cloud environments such as Amazon AWS
- Take ownership of infrastructure setup, deployment, maintenance, scalability, and performance
- Deploy and maintain automated systems for OS and application maintenance and patch releases
- Support operations of SaaS system infrastructure
- Act as point of escalation for application support and technical operations staff
- Interact with Development Engineering to isolate bugs and improve stability of future releases
- Be able to work independently in complex environments toward high-level goals
- Develop monitoring and alerting solutions to ensure that any unexpected issues are promptly identified and escalated
- Security review, analysis and implementation
- Simulate customer problems to facilitate problem resolution with support, development and QA staff
- Deploy and Support releases in Production and non-Production environments
- Identify repetitive support issues and propose and implement workarounds while developing long-term fixes
- Participate in a rotational on-call schedule to provide 24 x 7 support
Skills and Experience
- Experience with the following technologies required, along with the opportunity to learn the others: Chef (preferred)/Ansible/Puppet automation, migrations to AWS, Java application server troubleshooting and management, MySQL configuration and troubleshooting, monitoring tools, firewalls, load balancers, etc. Vertica, Pentaho, Elasticsearch a plus.
- Significant understanding of Linux Operating System architecture (minimum of 7 years of experience operating Linux platforms)
- Comfortable working in a mixed technology environment (Windows and Linux)
- Investigating and debugging I/O, CPU performance, and network bottlenecks at various scales.
- Considerable experience in architecting, configuring, and deploying multi-tiered server environments.
- Strong familiarity with the features and challenges of utilizing Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to design high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and regions.
- Familiar with MySQL configuration, optimization, master slave replication, and backup, as well as familiarity with NoSQL database technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Knowledge of SQL Server database, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Solid experience with VMWare ESX/vCenter
- Solid experience with Active Directory Services, Exchange servers
- Experience using infrastructure management and automation technologies such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation
- Solid scripting (Bash, Ruby, Python, Perl, PowerShell)
- Strong working knowledge with any Web/Application server (Nginx/Apache/Tomcat/ /Jetty)
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network, load balancing, firewalls
- Experience with following enterprise monitoring systems: Zabbix, NewRelic, Nagios
- Experience with following Log Monitoring solutions: Splunk, Logstash & Elasticsearch, Graylog
- Good Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, or similar)
Advantage if you have
- Experience with Rundeck
- Experience with OpenAM by ForgeRock
- Experience with Docker, Mesos or Terraform
- Experience with Java programming or any Front-end programing
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Position Type: Full-time
- Salary Level: Competitive
Do you meet our requirements? If so, we welcome your application. Please send your resume and a cover letter by clicking Apply For This Position, adding the job title in the subject line